Friday 12 May 2017

Friday 12th May 2017 - Market Report

It's the end of another week and how good it's been, portfolio up £1,300 today, over the last 5 days its up £3,500 - if I could be guaranteed this growth every week then I would be on a salary - take home of £180k!!!!! 😎  Tax free as well because its all in an ISA - otherwise I'd be up for a taxation of up to 50% 😞, but I'm not 😊

The Winners

GlaxoSmithKline PLC
GSK:LSE


£13,369.95 +2.30% +2.34% +35.59%
+£301.13

Vodafone Group PLC
VOD:LSE


£9,942.57 +2.33% +3.30% -0.45%
+£226.13

The Losers

Melrose Industries PLC
MRO:LSE


£7,016.01 -0.73% +2.36% +27.48%
-£51.3

F&C Commercial Property Trust Ltd
FCPT:LSE


£5,956.76 -0.61% -1.35% +18.55%
-£36.72

The Moral - build up your investments inside an ISA, I did read an article in the Telegraph a few weeks ago, just after the budget, when the Chancellor announced that the £5k tax free allowance on dividends was being reduced to £2k. The person in this article relied on her dividend income to supplement her pension. She had been doin this for quite a few years and could have sheltered it all within an ISA, but she didn't because she thought she didn't need to. Well it just goes to show, never assume things will remain the way they are, especially when politicians get their grubby little mitts on it!

You can put up to £20k into an ISA, so just do it! I think a lot of people just don't understand it, but it's all very simple and to be ignored at your own risk.

Now for more good new for holders of LSE:BBOX shares, Tritax Big Box REIT, an investment trust that invests in warehouses for all these companies like Amazon, Tesco, etc that need to store stuff for sale on the internet. A bout amonth ago holders of these share were offered 1 share for every 11 they held at a discount price of £1.36 - current value £1.47 so its 10p off per share. I was entitled to about 600 shares and I rounded this up to 1,000.

I was guaranteed the 600 shares but not the 400 I wanted to get to 1,000 shares. Yesterday they announced the offer was over subscribed and the additional subscriptions were scaled back. Luckily I wasn't greedyand got my 400 additional shares. I think anyone who was greedy and wantd thousands probaly got nothing!

Roll on Monday when trding begins, I'm nott selling, just building up my portfolio.

Till then have a nice weekend and don't forget the famous Bude Motor Show on Sunday at Petherick Mill - on the field just behind the industrial units - hope it's sunny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i would really love you to leave a message or comment